Thursday, March 8, 2012

Keith Merrow - Pillars of creation




This is a simply amazing musician. No band, the guy is a one man army, and he plays an incredible guitar. Seven strings, for that below-the-basement low tuning, great drum tracks in the background, the whole package sounds great. The accent is on the riffs, which I really enjoy, it results in really ballsy, dynamic music. Ever since I've heard this songs, I'm thinking about buying a 7 string just to learn it.


The second video is a clip of him playing over the song. I really enjoy that version, he makes it seem easy to play, which I'm sure is not the case. Also worth checking out is the clip with Jeff Loomis (Nevermore) soloing over Keith's new material. He is one of the most complex guitar players I know, and even he seemed to have a hard time trying to keep up to par with the music in the background.

Enough said, enjoy the music, it is really exquisite.

No comments:

Post a Comment