Saturday, March 10, 2012

A step closer


My new favorite spot
After a few years of experimenting, after much (utterly appreciated) advice, trial and error, saving up money, and after reading kilometers of forums, I finally have the first complete version of my little home studio. I could hardly be any happier.

Last night I got my Roland Quad Capture USB audio interface, and in retrospect I have to say that it probably should have came well before many of the other gear I bought. It changed the way I can record completely.

The Roland Quad-Capture
 I finally have all my stuff set up on my desk, all the cables run, everything connected, and I won't have to rearrange this setup. Period. I can use the same drivers to record MIDI and audio (until now I actually used my laptop for MIDI and my desktop for audio, and a USB stick to carry material),  no more popping and clicking noises, no more latency with software synths. I have Sonar X1 LE - which came bundled with the interface - instead of the older version I was using up until today, live headphone monitoring, balance knob between playback and input volume... everything. I am very anxious to see what I can get done with this rig finally in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment