Sunday, March 4, 2012

The World War experience

Tonight I had just enough time to piece together the first half of song I wanted to do for a really long time.
It was a double blessing: I got around to record a sludge/doom piece, as well as try out my Axiom controller for drum recording.

Drums via MIDI
I have to say it was strange at first. I'm used to drumming with my fingers all the time, but not actually having pads that correspond to drums. Its strange, but its really cool. The only thing holding me back right now is latency, since I don't have a really good sound card yet, and this resulted in some hits being out of sync. But anyway, the concept is done, by the time I'll have to record the drums for real, I'll have a different sound card.

I'm really please with how the mix sounds. The song will be about three times the length of this clip, since I want to take the time to change the tempo a few times, to make the experience a little bit more dynamic, not just one feeling throughout the song. Although I plan on keeping it sounding just as heavy all the way through.

Here is the draft:

No comments:

Post a Comment